Friday, April 10, 2009

My very own "Batangas Adobo"-Here's a Quick Trick!

My adobo is way better than all adobo there is -self-professed lol! I learned this from my mom. My family knows how to cook because we too love to eat. For lesser mistakes, please follow the steps religiously and buy only the ingredients as stated, I'm sure you'll love it.

Ingredients:

1 kilo pork, liempo(pork belly)/kasim preferred
8 tablespoon soysauce
12 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoon washed/brown sugar
1 red medium sized chili
3 heads of garlic, medium
1 teaspoon black pepper (cracked)


1. Marinate for 15 minutes (optional)
2. Add water on wok (500 ml at least)
3. Mix all ingredients (except for the sugar and red chili)
4. Bring to boil then wait till there's no more water, that's the time the meat produces its own oil
5. Cook the meat in its own oil until soft and tender, then add sugar and chili (it depends if you want your adobo with sauce or a little bit fried -for me, i don't like it dry)
6. Ready to serve

Just click the photo to enlarge


Until Next Cooking Lovin'. I still got lots to share, Adobo version 2 soon. Much

No comments: