Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Markets in Makati City where I go to "shop but not 'till I drop"

Wet Market in Bangkal, Makati

walking distance from my place. The Goods are fresh and not so pricey, you can even ask the seller to lower the price a bit, in tagalog "Tawad". My only drawback, tongs would really get dirty which is expected. Some sellers are dishonest so watch out for them but a lot are honest so no prob. I usually go there at 6 in the morning when everything is fresh, from fish, meat to vegetables and fruits. Anyway it's open from 6 in the morning 'till 8 in the evening.

Salcedo Market

been here a couple of times but only during Sundays when we go to Greenbelt1 Onstage for Church Service,   It's actually a Big Tent where Makati residents come together to sell their specialties or just about anything. Usually we go there at 10am just in time for Brunch, it's actually a five minute walk from the back of Greenbelt1. They have plenty to offer, from snacks to meals and bags to paintings,etc. Among my favorite buy are empanada, okoy, fish cooked in pot/sinaing na isda. But when 12pm hits, you'll feel the sun and it's really hot.


Rustans Supermarket @ Greenbelt1

I have several shopping experience here, though it's not that spacious, it's complete. They say Rustans are for High Class People because products are pricey but hey, steaks are really pricey right so don't buy steaks. lol! What I usually buy in Rustans are Bath Needs, can goods, rug, fruits and bread. One time I ask about fly/mouse trap lol! they don't have it!

Waltermart Supermarket near Cityland Pasong Tamo

When it's pay day, I go to Waltermart. I usually go there by jeep though It's also walking distance from home , thing is, I don't want the idea that I'm still going to pass by the overpass, so there. I love shopping here,it's very convenient and it's complete but there are times that wet goods are not as fresh as it should be, that's my only drawback. As for the price -reasonable. Anyways, you have to check Waltermart Cinema as well, one of my fave cinemas (may not look pleasing on the outside but worth checking)

Cash and Carry Supermarket

I go to Cash and Carry when I want to window shop for high end but cheap bags or whenever I'm visiting Structure (Apparels Shop). I love Cash and Carry Supermarket because you can buy good stuffs at a lesser price.

SM Hypermart

This is along Osmena Highway and few meters away from Cash and Carry Makati. By far, this is the most spacious of them all and only few go there to shop. I must say, give it a visit, it's complete. Only the frozen meats caught my attention, nevertheless it's still a great place to shop.

EVER Supermarket along Evangelista-Newly Opened

as I've said it's newly opened, I get to check on it last night. It's just a few meters away from home. It looks pretty small outside but when you get in, it's twice or more than Ministop/711, good thing it's located just beside UNI Oil (Gas station) if not, I would really have a hard time searching. As for the Groceries, check! Frozen Goods -check! It's actually complete minus the veggies and fruits.

S & R

It's not really in Makati but just a few meters away, It's at 5th Ave Taguig just beside St. Lukes Hospital. If you're thinking of buying in bulk then it's the place to go. Only, you need to be a member to start shopping. At S & R you get to buy imported items in XL sizes, lol! No doubt I love their apparels,they have RL and Armani -just the perfect gift for our loved ones.

Landmark Supermarket @ Glorietta 

Save the best for last. Yes, I'm coming in and out of Landmark Glorietta without actually knowing they have a Supermarket and Foodcourt at the G/F hahaha poor me! Just recently, I went there to shop for Groceries and my golly, it's cheaper than any other supermarkets I've been to and it's complete as well. As for the wet goods -Everything is fresh. I blame myself for not knowing this earlier. 

Happy Shopping! Hope you always find your money's worth. Much

No comments: