Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Thoughts on RH Bill: Make a Stand!

I rode a cab yesterday heading to Glorietta, the radio is on and the topic is RH Bill then the driver interrupted me to ask if I'm in favor of the RH Bill, my brain goes like oops and I uttered "No". He then exclaimed, Huh?  Why? Don't you see that it's the only solution to overpopulation and abortion, etc. I immediately said that, there's another option but he did not make me say a word and continued on his unwavering belief. In my mind is, "Responsible Family Planning and Responsible Parenthood" that I think is doable.

Truth is the objective of the bill is agreeable to a certain extent. What I do not agree is the universal access to  condoms, birth control pills, and IUDs., it makes me think that Philippines is becoming liberated which I hope not. Are we trying so hard to pattern our journey, our identity to other countries? Those methods should only be accessible to married couples.

Deets from Wikipedia
The Reproductive Health bills, popularly known as the RH Bill, are Philippine bills aiming to guarantee universal access to methods and information on birth control and maternal care.

Only Married Couples should have access to this

Overpopulation is a big problem yes, but is this the only solution we can afford? access to condoms etc.
My view -overpopulation is a result of no good education, no proper education and no education at all, If only each family regardless of class is equipped with Responsible Parenting...

I'm 27 years old and in the future i will have a kid of my own, and this is not the future I want for him. Pretty sure pre marital sex will be prevalent, there will be abnormalities in Conception etc., Are we aware of these things? I'm a no genius but things like this matters. I read somewhere that the government is pushing RH Bill "again" in gratitude to the U.S for helping the country claim the Scarborough Shoal, oh well 'just sharing, I'm not even sure if it's factual.

Anyway, the Catholic Church is hard on the RH Bill pointing out to Genesis 1:28 that says, "Be fruitful and increase in number, fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground". I'm not a Catholic but I believe and have the highest respect to the word of God, Yes Jesus said this to Adam and Eve. My view-this verse actually talks about "Pro creation and Responsiblity", It doesn't talk about overpopulating the world, Hey! God is a God of order right? A person won't say be fruitful and increase in number when it means same thing. My personal view -Be fruitful and Multiply means subdue the earth with Christlike people(It's like saying "Go and make disciples of all nations...") who will have dominion over other living things. 

RH Bill Claims that it is pro Responsible Parenthood, is it really? The Catholic Church is fighting for how they interpret the bible context... Now, Where do we stand? Or maybe the Church and the State can meet halfway...If RH Bill is going to push through, modify what's needed to be modified, omit what should be omitted. I pray that God would open the hearts of the people to his perfect will. Much

No comments: