Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Side Trip to Vigan-Empanada Why Can't I Resist You?

Vigan Here I come
They said authentic Empanada is from Vigan and hey it's one of my favorite from the North  so when I had an invite to explore Vigan, I didn't think twice. Our main itinerary is Pagudpud, we just side trip to Vigan. I'm a big fan of "Empanada', it's so yummy that you'll dream of it.lol! 

Empanada is in the City

I'm from Quezon City and I happen to like Maria's Ilocos Empanada located in Dahlia, Fairview, They sell authentic Empanada, I assure you. Well I'm planning to put up the same business, kidding!


When I was in Ilocos, I tried different variations, Vigan Ilocos' Empanada is yummy but Batac Ilocos' Empanada is the best for me, it satisfied my taste.

Another thing I love about Ilocos is their Crispy Dinuguan...Please stop me as I might talk much about food.


Okay enough for that, here's my side trip to Vigan, first stop-over is in Baluarte, It's actually a zoo owned by Chavit Singson. I will let the photos speak for myself .
It's my first time to Feed an Ostrich haha!


...And yes I got tired and hungry so we immediately head to Lilong and Lilang Coffee Shop. We had a hard time finding this place in Vigan
also known as the Hidden Garden Restaurant
Everything in the garden is for sale. They also sell nice pots.


I wish my wish come true
And here I am wondering in Vigan. It's like I'm in a Spanish Era. I think the houses here were well-preserved so we could reminisce how it is during the time when Spain colonized Philippines. Oh well, I'm not good in history but I love how history molded us.

They said it looks good during the night but I prefer to come during daytime so I can  shop.


Souvenir Shop it is

Add caption

No comments: